On Dec. 25, 2018, at 9:00 p.m., Wainwright RCMP located a stolen white Mini Cooper in the Town of Wainwright.
Jeffrey Shaw (41) from Edmonton, Alta. was arrested after fleeing from police.
Shaw fled the police after Wainwright RCMP tried to complete a traffic stop.
The vehicle he was driving was involved in a collision in town.
Shaw fled on foot after crashing into the trees near the local golf club.
Wainwright RCMP contained the area while waiting for the Police Dog Services (PDS). Shaw was apprehended without incident.
In the vehicle, Wainwright RCMP found a sawed-off shotgun and a large quantity of methamphetamine.
Shaw was arrested and charged with 15 offences including the following:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.
- Possession of a prohibited weapon.
- Possession of a controlled substance.
- Operate a motor vehicle while being pursued by a peace officer.
- Operate a conveyance in a manner dangerous to the public.
Shaw was remanded into police custody and will appear in Wainwright Provincial Court on Jan. 3, 2019.