On Oct.16, 2020, members of the Southern Alberta District CRU (Crime Reduction Unit) and members of Hanna Detachment concluded a three-week long investigation which resulted in the execution of a search warrant on a residence in Hanna.
The search resulted in the seizure of seven grams of fentanyl, two grams of cannabis resin, one gram of cocaine, a scale, documents that support trafficking, a 22-caliber semi automatic rifle with a modified barrel, a machete, unlawful tobacco, ammunition and stolen property.
As a result of the evidence seized, 35-year-old Victor Foley has been charged with the following offences:
- 4x breach of a release order Section 145(5) CC.
- Possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking Section 5(2) CDSA.
- Possession of proceeds of crime Section 354 CC
- Possession of cocaine Section 4(1) CDSA.
- 2x possession of stolen property Section 355(b) CC.
- Possession of a prohibited firearm without a registration certificate Section 91(1) CC.
- Careless storage of a firearm Section 86(1) and 86(2) CC.
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose Section 88(1) CC.
- Possession of a prohibited firearm without a license Section 92(1)(a) CC.
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with easily accessible ammunition Section 95 CC.
- Obtaining a firearm illegally Section 96 CC.
- Possession of unlawful tobacco products Section 4(1) of the Tobacco Tax Act.
Foley has been remanded into custody and will appear by CCTV on Monday October 19, 2020 in Strathmore, Alta.
He was on a release order at the time of this investigation for weapons and drug offences stemming from investigations out of Blackfalds and Red Deer earlier this year.