A perfect day greeted us on July 14, 2012 for our Oyen Lions 9th Annual Show n Shine. Light cloud cover and also a light breeze kept the pesky mosquitos and sunburn to a minimum.
Sixty cars, trucks and bikes registered this year. Many of these had not been here before and we welcome them and hope they bring some of their friends and car club members next year as well. Some of our regular entrants were absent due to other commitments. We miss all of you and hope you will be back next year.
1) Newer 1990 – up: David Thompson from Medicine Hat with his 2012 Shelby GT 500
2) Custom or modified – Lyle Carpendale from Lloydminister with his 1971 Corvette Stingray
3) Antique (1975 – 1951) – Marvin and Linda Hillyer from Redcliff with their 1956 Crown Victoria
4) Antique (1950 – older) – Clarence Stabler with his 1939 Ford Deluxe
5) Classic – Auggie Brost from Hanna with his 1977 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham
6) Bikes and ATVs – Vicki Navratil of Oyen with her 2006 Sportster 1200
7) Commercial – Oyen Fire Department
8) Farthest travelled – Credence Holmes and Jennifer Frizzley from Courtney, B.C. Distance 3000 km.