The Town of Provost’s water tower was erected onto it’s legs Aug. 9, 2016 at the Provost and District Museum. ECA Review/Submitted
The Town of Provost’s water tower was built in Ontario and it is believed that it was shipped to Provost by rail where it was assembled just west of the MD of Provost building in 1952. The tank can hold 62,500 imperial gallons.
The 81 foot tower was taken down in 1995 then moved to Doug Hall’s property just south of the Case Building (Crescent Point Energy). It’s last move was to the museum site Feb. 14, 2006.
An early color of the tower was silver but later was painted green. The tower now sports a new coat of green paint and will stand to just over half its original height when erected.