Electrical fire in Hanna school library

The Hanna Primary School experienced a small electrical fire in their library late Thursday evening March 17.

The smoke damage throughout the school was extensive enough to move students to Town of Hanna facilities including the community centre, curling rink and arena, for the week leading up to the Easter Break.

We are optimistic that students will be back in their school after this time off, said Cam McKeage, superintendent for Prairie Land Regional Division (PLRD). Both staff and students are demonstrating great resiliency as they carry on their responsibilities in these adverse conditions, McKeage added.  PLD is very fortunate for the Town of Hanna and the generosity of its citizens as they have come forth in great numbers to assist us in this time of need, he concluded.

About the author

ECA Review

Our newspaper is only as good as its contributors and we thank each one who submits stories, photos and opinions. If you have a news item, photos or opinion to share please submit it to office@ECAreview.com.